Healthy Snacks Ideas for Your Toddler
Your child is growing by the minute and their need for snacks is as important as his meals. Snacks for children help maintain their energy between meals. It’s always fun to come up with healthy snack ideas for children. Evening snacks for toddlers keeps them going and brings a big smile on their faces. It is important for you to ensure the snacks are nutrient dense and not only calorie dense.
Healthy Snacks for children: Quick tips to parents
- A fruit is a tasty and healthy snack option for toddlers and preschoolers, which is also an easy hunger pang buster.
- Reach for milk: A cup of milk served with nuts and dried fruits is as easy as it gets.
- Keep the sugar out: tempting, as it may be, cakes, pastries, cookies should be avoided between meals.
- Portioning: Limit the snacks to appropriate portion sizes so that your child does not skip his or her next meal.
- Read food labels while shopping for packed foods. While thinking of evening snack ideas for toddlers, go for foods like multi-grain cereals that are packed with nutrients and low in added sugars, saturated fat, and sodium.
- Water is the elixir: Always encourage children to drink plenty of water rather than sugar sweetened beverages.
How to help your child eat right
- Your child will eat anything when he/she is hungry. Make use of the opportunity to offer them fruits and vegetables and other nutrient-dense foods.
- Stock up on easy to assemble healthy foods like yoghurt dips, whole grain crackers, nuts, etc.
- Be a role model to your kids by eating healthy.